Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Are these Hikari Shears ruined?

I shot this little video on my cell phone when I inspected shears sent to me when the stylist said a sharpener I trained had "ruined" her shears. Here's what happened.

  • The stylist said her shears were folding hair rather than cutting. 
  • Both the sharpener and myself explained to her on the phone that the screw was probably loose and she should try tightening the screw. 
  • She said she had tightened the screw. 
Watch this video. Do you think this stylist had any clue how to tighten the screw on her shears? Personally, I think she must have actually loosened the screw before she began cutting hair. The screw felt snug enough that I don't think it could have loosened up this much on it's own and I know the sharpener did not leave them this loose. 




I will tell you later what we did for this stylist and how this was resolved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bonika Shears

Catch up on Bonika Shears news, highlights from hairshows, sharpening tips, photos and events of interest to hair stylists and those who sharpen their shears.